Welcome to the Web Page of the Fourteenth Judicial District Bar, the mandatory bar organization for attorneys who live or work in Durham County, North Carolina. This is also the Page for the Durham County Bar Association (DCBA), the voluntary organization for attorneys in Durham County, and the Durham Bar Foundation.
Durham County Bar Association Upcoming Events
Wednesday, October 7, at The Durham Convention Center
Topic: Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Featuring Captain Curtis Knight of the Durham Police Department.
. Please mark your calendars and plan to join the Durham County Bar Association, Durham's voluntary Bar, which will host luncheons and offer 12+ hours of CLE between now and May 2016.
Swearing-In Ceremony Scheduled for October 8
A group swearing in for new attorneys will take place on Thursday, October 8th, at 9:30 a.m., in Courtroom 7D. New attorneys should download the form at this link and follow the instructions therein.
Announcing the First Annual Fall Family Picnic & Kickball Game
Hosted by the Fourteenth Judicial District Bar, therefore all attorneys in the Fourteenth are welcome!
Friday, October 23, 5:00 p.m. at the Forest Hills Park, Clubhouse & Shelter
Top Ten Things to Know:
- The event is free to members of the Fourteenth Judicial District Bar and their immediate families.
- Dinner is being catered by the fantastic Bullock’s BBQ. Expect fried chicken, barbeque, hush puppies, veggies, cole slaw and cookies –everyone’s favorites.
- There will be a DJ. You can suggest music by using the signup form below.
- Jonathan Trapp is putting together the kickball game. Of course you want to play!
- The registration form includes a way to express interest in trick or treating for members’ children. If interest is sufficient, it shall be done.
- Sunset on October 23 is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. but we have reserved BOTH the Shelter and the Clubhouse, so we’ll keep serving food until we run out, or 7:30.
- Parking is available in the clubhouse lot and also in the gravel lot behind the tennis courts.
- There will be a photographer.
- You do not need to change clothes to attend. Come from work, come as you are.
- Since this is a first-ever family function, there is no way we can be sure how many people will come. Therefore, an RSVP is strongly recommended if you intend to eat dinner. Click here to RSVP or type in the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BarFallPicnic
Dues Invoices Have Been Mailed
Those invoiced may pay their mandatory Fourteenth Judicial District Bar dues and their Durham County Bar Association dues with the same payment. If you are NOT in the Fourteenth, please update your address on the NC State Bar web site.
TO PAY DUES ONLINE
Please proceed to the payment form, where you may log in with your NC State Bar Number as both your user name and password.
The Durham Docket
The Durham Docket is the electronic newsletter of the Fourteenth and DCBA. The October 2015 issue can be downloaded from THIS LINK. It is emailed to all members of the Fourteenth and DCBA via this web site's membership roster. A very limited number of print copies are mailed/faxed. The Docket contains schedules and calendars for the Fourteenth and DCBA, as well as important notices from the judiciary and NC State Bar. The Docket is published from September through June, with no edition in July or August.